Basic Scaffold Training
The Scaffold Tool & Training Company conducts its 5 day Basic Scaffold Training Courses normally two or three times per month (or by arrangement) at our training facility located at:
17 Northern Ave
Moorabbin Airport, Victoria
Course Code: CPCCLSF2001
Price: $1,350 from 1st Jan 2024
Please be advised that all training and assessment is conducted by the Australian Construction Training Alliance under a third party agreement with the STTC.
A basic scaffold ticket is required to erect any modular system where a person or object could fall more than 4.0 metres.
A basic scaffolding ticket enables a person to erect, alter and dismantle any modular or prefabricated scaffold system, e.g. aluminium mobiles, steel modular, Kwikstage and Cuplock.
The maximum height a scaffolder with a Basic Ticket may build a modular scaffold would be the maximum height as specified by the manufacturer of the particular scaffold being used.
Topics covered in our Basic Scaffolding course include:
- All Basic scaffolding knowledge questions
- Calculating loads
- Component defects
- Erection and dismantle skills
- Estimating equipment
- Fall protection
- Fibre ropes, splicing, bends & hitches
- Hazards and planning
- Industrial safety nets
- Inspection of equipment
- Legislative requirements
- Materials hoists
- Ropes and gin wheels
- Scaffold construction – steel and aluminium
- Scaffold inspection
- Screening or containment
- Static lines
- Tie construction
As one person cannot safely erect a scaffold, a prerequisite of WorkSafe is that a minimum of 3 students is required for the course to go ahead.
Trainees must be over 18 years of age.
Your High Risk Licence is recognised nationally, we are WorkSafe and Australian Quality Training Framework (AQTF) compliant and are a Registered Training Office (RTO).
Once a course is completed your Notice of Assessment must be lodged with Worksafe within 60 days.
- Course duration is a minimum of 5 days
- Course starts at 7.45am
- Attendees: minimum 3, maximum 8
- Cost includes tool belt, tools, hard hat, gloves and safety vest for the duration of the course.
- Dress: casual and for practical training and assessment work boots are essential
- Friendly, practical learning environment